Today marks the beginning of another year in the life of our illustrious, energetic and hardworking governor, Willie Obiano who has been doing wonderfully well to ensure Anambra state becomes a force to reckon with.
As he clocks 65 today todays post is dedicated to his honour. As was reported earlier, there won’t be a celebration per se rather Governor Willie Obiano rather mark the event with prayers to God and a private mass.
• He was born on a beautiful rainy Monday morning of August 8, 1955 in the oil-bearing Aguleri town, in Anambra East local government area to an educationist father and an entrepreneurial mother.
• Willie started his early education at the Holy Trinity Primary School, Onitsha, a mission school, where he imbibed his early Christian values. He later attended the prestigious Christ the King’s College (CKC), Onitsha and passed out as one of the best students in his time.
• He won the John F. Kennedy Essay Winner at CKC in 1974.
• He studied Accountancy at University of Lagos, graduating with a Second Class (Upper Division). He later obtained Masters Degree in Business Administration in Marketing from the same University.
• He quickly got his first job at First Bank as a result of his impressive academic performance and subsequently joined the lucrative oil and gas industry as a staff of Texaco International, where he rapidly rose to become the company’s Chief Internal Auditor, being the first black man to hold such position.
• After years of functioning at the top level in the oil sector, Willie moved his enormous expertise and exposure to Fidelity Bank Plc.
• As the Executive Director in charge of Business Banking, Chief Obiano managed the bank’s vast human and material resources with the dexterity of grandmaster in the game of chess, deploying talent and resources seamlessly to ensure a calculated expansion of the business and a healthy growth of the bottom line.
• Before he became the governor, he is known to have secretly operated a Foundation that offered scholarships to many people and empowered thousands of women and youths.
• He is also a pillar of the church, having made extensive donations to diverse development projects in the Catholic, the Anglican and Pentecostal churches.
• Willie has won many honours from the churches, including the prestigious Knight Commander of the Pontifical Order of Saint Gregory the Great (KCSG) from Pope Francis.
• His community, Aguleri, conferred on him and his wife separate chieftaincy titles for distinguished services. Chief Willie Obiano bagged the title, ‘’Akpokuedike Aguleri’’.
• He and his wife, Dr. Eberechukwu, were adopted into the Igwe-in-council of the Idigo dynasty of the ancient kingdom of AGULERI.
Here is 65 hearty cheers to Anambra’s finest governor, Willie Obiano who has indeed transformed all the three zones in the state, beautified Anambra, turned the face of Awka, changed the outlook of many communities, made Anambra the safest state, revolutionized agriculture, lighted up all parts of Anambra, improved electricity supply, put smiles on the faces of workers and pensioners and improved both human and material resources.
God bless your new age!!
Source: ABS News