- His names are Nnaemeka Alfred Ugochukwu Achebe
- He was born on the 14th of May 1941
- He was crowned Obi of Onitsha on the 14th may 2002 and the 21st Obi of Onitsha
- He is married to Chinwe Ngozi Achebe and blessed with six children
- He is the first child of Akunne Anthony Chinwuba, and Winifred Ogbenyeanu Achebe
- He is a direct and unblemished descendant of Ezearoli, through the lineage of Chimedie, Oreze Obi, and Aguzani.
- He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry from Stanford University and a Master’s in Business Administration from Columbia University
- He is presently the chancellor of Ahmadu Bello University.
- He loves and collects artworks from renowned artists all over the world.
- He is currently a trustee, National Traditional Rulers Council and its state Chairman in Anambra State.
- He retired from work in 1995 after reaching the retirement age. However, despite his retirement, he remained passively active within the company which saw him posted to Shell International in London, where he served as “ambassador at large” for Shell Nigeria
- Between 1988 and 1996, Achebe served as Executive Director of Shell Petroleum Development Company.During 1985 to 1987, as Area Business Coordinator in Shell International Limited, he supervised the Shell Group’s businesses in Angola, Ghana, Sierra Leone, Liberia, and Gambia
- He is a fellow of the Nigerian Institute of Management, life member of the Nigerian Economic Society, and member or the Nigerian Institute of Personnel Management, Nigerian institute of Public Relations and Nigerian Environmental Society.
- During his tenure he has given scholarships, empowerment and development to his subjects and hometown, In 2018 he kick-started the Golibe Festival which is targeted at attracting Onitsha indigenous people and lovers of Onitsha all over the world to come home and celebrate their heritage.
- He has traveled and lectured widely, including universities and professional organizations, and featured on international electronic and in print media, including CNN, BBC and Reuters.
- He is estimated to be worth over $50 million Chairman of Intafact Beverages Ltd. and an Independent Non-Executive Chairman of Unilever Nigeria Plc. He is also on the board of Omak Petroleum Services. In the past he was Chairman at Universal Insurance Co. Plc and Chairman of Diamond Bank Plc.
- He is a Freemason !
INLAND TOWN 2019!!!