All work and no fun make the brain go dull. At one point in our lives, we have craved a moment when we can just put all the work behind us and have a very fun moment for ourselves. No one no matter how much they like working can deny the need for restful weekend or holiday whenever it arises.
As a matter of fact, most of us will literally jump on that opportunity to ‘relass and be taken kiaruff’ once the chance presents itself.
Be it for a weekend getaway or during holiday seasons like this, there are many fun and elegant places right here in Nigeria designed solely to take care of your destressing moment.
You have worked all week long and all year long so you deserve to enjoy the fruit of your labour while patting yourself on the back. How else then can this be achieved rather than a touch of an exquisite treat deserving of your body, mind, and soul?
So in this article, we have compiled a list of elegant relaxation spots in Nigeria that will give you value for your money.
1. Inagbe Grand Resorts and Leisure, Lagos
Located at Inagbe Island, towards Snake Island, Apapa, Lagos, Inagbe Grand Resorts and Leisure is a beautiful serene centre for relaxation. It is an ideal place for all age groups and a perfect getaway spot for both tourists, nature lovers, and family holidays. This island resort offers more than just sun, sand, and sea. It is in fact, a resort full of surprises, fun activities, lively entertainment, and smiling faces that are sure to give your holiday so much more. Available at the resort are dependable facilities such as a grand lounge, gift shops, wired and wireless internet, 24 hours electricity, standard rooms with stunning interior décor, and fun outdoor activities, among others.
2. Eko Hotels and Suite, Lagos
Priding itself as the most preferred hotel in West Africa, Eko Hotels and Suite is located in the beautiful area of Victoria Island, Lagos. It is a mini resort spot for friends and family. The hotels have a lot of made-for-the-moment facilities including a well-equipped gym with sauna rooms, standard swimming pools, penthouse restaurants, a tennis court, spa, saloon and nail studio, and many more.
3. Transcorp Hilton, Abuja
Set on picturesque landscaped gardens, the Transcorp Hilton sits at the heart of Nigeria’s Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.
This place is the perfect relaxation spot for all lovers of exquisite fun and exotic lifestyle. Everything about this 5-star hotel screams class and elegance.
4. Golden Tulip, Ibadan
Located in the heart of the ancient city of Ibadan, the Golden Tulip Jericho Hotel brings a high international standard of hospitality to the city. This is a preferred place of relaxation by travelers who put their comfort first on their trip. The top-class hotel has a lot of mouth-watery facilities to offer, ranging from free Wi-Fi, outdoor swimming pools, a terrace, and an elegant restaurant that offers both local and continental dishes.
5. Calabar Harbour Resort and Spa, Cross RiverCalabar Harbour Resort and Spa is located in the suburbs of Calabar, Cross River state. A home away from home, it treats visitors to one-of-its-kind hospitality and a captivating experience. Apart from offering recreational amenities and other facilities you also get your body, soul, and mind all charged up in their comfortable spa and sauna rooms.
6. Novotel, Port-Harcourt
Featuring an outdoor pool with lounge chairs and a business center, Novotel Port Harcourt is in Port Harcourt THE Capital city of Rivers State. Available at the hotel is friendly staff waiting to welcome you into your neatly furnished room. Novotel offers facilities including a restaurant, bar, laundry service, pool, parking, and fitness center. It is indeed a perfect place for a week-end get away with your loved ones and family
7. Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library, OOPL, Ogun State
The Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library popularly known as OOPL is situated in the affluent Town of Abeokuta, Ogun State. Don’t get lost by the sound of Library in the name. There are a whole lot of fun and tourist attraction spots to look out for at OOPL. Well, maybe you may want to visit the majestic library but this place offers much more than that, especially the OOPL Wildlife Park. A visit to the OOPL Wildlife Park will surely blow your mind away. If you are looking to have a safari experience, the wildlife should be your first place of contact where you will get to see many breathtaking animals and beautiful birds.
8. Hi-Impact Planet, Ogun StateHi-Impact Planet is an amusement park and resorts on the outskirt of Lagos located in Ibafo, Ogun State along the Lagos-Abeokuta expressway. The park boasts a mix of over 60 unique indoor and outdoor rides, games, and attractions that breathes fun, luxury, and pleasure into every inch. It is an ideal place for a weekend or holiday getaway for the whole family. It is a world-class amusement park with thrilling outdoor rides and exciting indoor games positioned for children, teenagers, and the whole family to have a fun-filled experience. It has a perfect blend of luxury and elegance.
Now that you are aware of these fun and elegant relaxation spots in different states in Nigeria, which one of them will you be visiting this holiday season? Let’s hear it in the comment section.
Remember to share with your friends, loved ones and network.