Wednesday is that day of the week where we get to appreciate the good women in our lives. Today’s post is in honour of one of Onitsha’s finest and hardworking women who is championing the affairs of Ndi Onitsha at the Anambra State House of Assembly. Her name, Hon. Beverly Ikpeazu-Nkemdiche.
Here are some vital information about her:
- Beverly was born into the family of late Justice Chuba and Angie Ikpeazu of Umudei Village, Onitsha.
- She had her primary school education at Shanahan Memorial Primary School where she obtained her First School Leaving Certificate.
- She then proceeded to Federal Government College Benin, Edo for her secondary school education where she obtained her West African School Certificate.
- Beverly had her A-level at St. John’s College, Manchester, United Kingdom in 1994.
- She obtained her B.Sc in Accounting/ Business Administration from Oklahoma City University.
- Beverly is certified in Software Application Programme (SAP) and analysis from Atlanta Tech. College in 2006.
- She is widely experienced in Management, Real Estate, and Accounting.
- Beverly has worked in many parastatals in the United States.
- Her dexterity and commitment to faith and hard work saw her defile the norm by working as the first black personnel Manager in Georgia Department of Transportation for twelve years and four months.
- She is a devoted Christian and a member of the Catholic Women Organisation.
- She is the matron/patroness to many social and religious group including the Youth or Good Governance.
- Through the Nkemdiche foundation, she reaches out to the less privileged, the widows, pays tuition for many, funds little businesses for her constituents.
- People address her with numerous pet names like Bev, Odiuko na mba, Omalicha, and Nkem bu nke anyi.
As she keeps representing Onitsha South 2 at the State Assembly, we hope God gives her the grace to continually thrive and bring up policies that will be in the interest of not just Onitsha people alone but Ndi Anambra as a whole.