Home NEWS Two FUTO Students Die From Inhaling Generator Fumes

Two FUTO Students Die From Inhaling Generator Fumes

by InlandTown Editor
0 comment

Two students of the Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO) are believed to have suffocated to death by inhaling carbon monoxide from a power generator.

The Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) of the Imo State Command, Godson Orlando Ikeokwu, revealed the unfortunate incident in a press statement.

According to Imo State Police Public Relations Officer, upon the report on Thursday 4th march at about 6.00 pm, the Divisional Police Headquarters Nekede/Ihiagwa, operatives of the Division moved to Jabulani Hostel, Eziobodo, and met the three yet to be identified occupants of one of the rooms lying helplessly in the room.

The operatives according to the PPRO broke into the room and immediately evacuated them to Federal Medical Center (FMC) Owerri where two of the victims were confirmed dead by the doctors on duty.

He hinted said that the third was successfully revived.

The Police spokesman said that preliminary investigation revealed that the victims whom have been identified as students of the Federal University of Technology (FUTO) Owerri, might have suffocated as a result of the fume (carbon monoxide) which emanated from their power generating set, which they inhaled while sleeping.

The PPRO said that a power generator was seen directly by the window in an enclosed space and the fume discharging pipe pointing directly towards the window.

Meanwhile, the Imo State Commissioner of Police, Nasiru Mohammed (CP) has ordered investigation into the matter while efforts are ongoing to locate and inform their relatives.

Source: Kpakpanda Media

Related Articles

Leave a Comment

* By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More