Home NEWS Tragedy Befalls Obis In Anambra State

Tragedy Befalls Obis In Anambra State

by InlandTown
0 comment

About a week ago  we posted a story about the unresolved death of Mrs Chinwe Obi an INEC employee and three of her church members in her apartment, who came from Omega Power Ministry OPM, in the latest development their corpse have been removed from the apartment resulting from foul smell and water that was coming out from there in.

The husband, a business man based in Cotonou reportedly died in a in unclear circumstance a week before Chinwe’s death. He had come to visit his wife at their Olisa Onyeka Street, Awka apartment when he fell ill and died. His corpse is still at the morgue where Chinwe deposited it before she met with her death.

According to sources, Chinwe had invited three other women of her church, the Omega Power Ministry (OPM) for an all night special prayers. The first inkling that something could be amiss was when all calls put across to Chinwe’s telephone line went unanswered. Thereafter, her neighbours started perceiving a foul smell coming out from her apartment.

On arrival, Mr Hassan Karma Anambra Police Commissioner took an inspection of the compound along with his officers and men of the command and ultimately forced one of the burglary proofs to a window open where the already decomposing bodies of the four women was discovered, clutching their Bibles.

An ambulance was called in and morticians evacuating the four corpses out of the building to the mortuary.

Simon Nwoye, one of the residents in the area who saw the corpses posited that the deceased could be victims of carbon monoxide inhalation.

”You could see from their faces and what I saw around the flat, they may have been killed by the smoke from the generator,” he said.

Mrs. Uloaku Madubugha, another neighbour who lives few buildings away from the scene noted that there is no suspicion of foul play in the death of the victims.

“If someone had broken into the flat, we would have seen evidence of breaking and entry, either through the window or through the door, but there was nothing like that,” she said.

There was no sign of violence on their bodies. We also saw a power generating set but there was no fuel in the tank; we also saw a pot of soup there, so we are suspecting carbon monoxide or food poisoning.

“The soup and their bodies would be examined; it is left for an autopsy to be carried out on them in order to find out what killed them.

Culled from Anambra State Online

InlandTown! 2015.

Related Articles

Leave a Comment

* By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

Social Media Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com