“I feel that I need to add value to Nigeria, to ensure that things here are developing for the better”- Mustafa Chike Obi.
This quote above by Mustafa Chike Obi who identifies it as his goal for himself and the country. Today’s post is the honour of the new Fidelity bank Chairman who has proven himself as a force to be reckoned with in the financial and economic sector.
Here are some interesting facts you should know about Mustafa Chike Obi:
• He was born May 12, 1955 to one of Nigeria’s finest Mathematicians ,Prof. Chike Obi.
• He has a first class degree in Mathematics from the University of Lagos and an MBA from Stanford University Graduate School of Business.
• He likes sleeping, music and watching sports.
• He dislikes laziness, unfair people and being bothered.
• He speaks both English and Igbo.
• After several years of living abroad, he returned back in 2010 sensing he could make a positive impact in the country.
• Chike-Obi started his Nigerian Banking career with Chase Merchant Bank where he served as the Head of Treasury Department from 1980 to 1982. He later moved to Goldman Sachs where he worked as Co-Head Trading, Mortgage-Backed Securities.
• Between 2010 to 2015, he served as the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria (AMCON).
• He was also founding president at Madison Advisors, a financial services advisory and consulting firm in New Jersey, where he specialised in hedge funds and private equity investment advice.
• During Chike-Obi’s 5-year tenure as MD/CEO of AMCON, he performed creditably and won many accolades and admiration from stakeholders in Nigeria’s Banking and Financial services industry.
• Mustafa Chike-Obi was the economic adviser to Atiku Abubakar Campaign Organisation for Nigeria’s 2019 presidential election.
• Mustafa Chike-Obi was appointed as the chairman Fidelity Bank Nigeria PLC on the 6th of July, 2020. The appointment, which has been approved by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) will take effect on 14th August, after the expiration of the tenure of Mr Ernest Ebi, the current Chairman.