In line with his desire to turn Ogwashi-Uku into a modern internet enabled community, the Obi of Ogwashi-Uku, HRM Obi Ifechukwude Anishi Okonjo seeks to establish a committee of Ogwashi-Uku professionals who will be responsible for this new development.
These professionals who will be drawn from Ogwashi-Uku indegenes both locally and in the diaspora will work with the Obi-in- council to do the following;
• Work out a road map for a Municipal WIFI free Ogwashi-Uku.
• Work out possible businesses (eg. Tech start-Ups) that will be attracted to our community and incentives that can be given to these businesses to establish in Ogwashi-Uku.
• Determine infrastructure needs for a Smart Ogwashi-Uku Kingdom
• Determine how funding can be obtained for the planned Smart Ogwashi-Uku
• Work out how to make Ogwashi-Uku the technology hub for Delta State.
• Work out arrangements with the Ogwashi-Uku Polytechnic to offer courses on technology related subjects and also train members of our community who are not technology savvy.
• Determine how to position Ogwashi-Uku as an Innovation Hub.
• Determine any legal framework that needs to be put in place including plans for working with the local and state governments.
Furthermore, preference for membership will be given to people in the IT, Engineering, Business, Legal and Financial sectors. In terms of recommendations from the ODA Home branch, D-Forum and Ogwashi-Uku Professionals; all must be forwarded to the Palace Secretary, Prince Ifeankanachukwu Emordi on or before September 15th 2020.