The Anambra State House of Assembly has confirmed 20 persons as commissioner designates for the state’s government.
The 20 nominees were presented to the House by the state’s Governor, Prof. Chukwuma Soludo and were confirmed by the House during plenary.
Chairman of the House committee on Screening and Election Matters, Dr. Paschal Agbodike presented the report of the committee to the House, claiming the nominees were suitably qualified to serve Anambra State as commissioners.
Here are the 20 nominees,
- Mr. Ifeatu Chinedu (Finance)
- Prof. Ofonze Amucheazi (Lands)
- Mr. Ifeanyi Okoma (Works and Infrastructure)
- Miss. Chiamaka Nnake (Budget and Economic Planning)
- Dr. Afam Obidike (Health),
- Mr. Patrick Agha Mba (Youth Development)
- Mrs. Ifeyinwa Obinabo (Women/Children Affairs and Social Development)
- Dr. Obinna Ugonnadi (Commerce and Industry)
- Mr. Julius Chukwuemeka (Power/Water Resources)
- Prof. Ngozi Chuma-Udeh (Education)
- Mr. Paul Nwosu (Information)
- Dr. Foster Ihejiofor (Agriculture)
- Mrs. Patricia Igwebuike (Transport)
- Mr. Felix Odimegwu (Environment)
- Mr. Chikodi Anara (Homeland Affairs)
- Mrs. Silvia Ifemeje (Attorney General/Commissioner for Justice)
- Hon. Tony Nwabunwanne (Local Government Affairs)
- Mr. Donatus Onyenji (Culture, Tourism and Entertainment)
- Mr. Anthony Ifeanya (Petroleum and Mineral Resources)
- Hon. Paulinus Onyeka (Housing)
The Speaker of the House, Right Honorable Uche Okafor read out their confirmation, while the lawmakers supported it through a voice vote.
In his remarks, the speaker urged them to give their best in their service to Anambra State as Governor Chukwuma Soludo is so confident that Ndi Anambra will experience his good governance evidenced in the first step he has taken to move the state forward, assuring that the House will support them to discharge their duties creditably.
In a vote of thanks, the Commissioner designate for finance, Mr. Ifeatu Onejeme assured that they will live up to expectations.