After five months without ministers, President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday, November 11, inaugurated 36 ministers who were recently screened and cleared by the Senate.
The 36 ministers took their oaths of office in the Council Chambers of the Presidential Villa, after which they were given their portfolios.
The president in his address charged his ministers to get to work immediately and justify their inclusion in his cabinet.
Below are some of President Buhari’s quotes from the inauguration:
1. “Cabinet Ministers must proceed to work speedily to fulfill the confidence reposed in them.”
2. “We are determined to diversify the economy through Agriculture and explore solid mineral as a revenue earner.”
3. “Our new ministers must proceed to work speedily and justify their inclusion.”
4. “To be mindful of the need for a Cabinet that will deliver a better, prosperous nation and respected for the right reasons.”
5. “We are determined to diversify the economy with agriculture to achieve self sufficiency.”
6. “We are optimistic that bringing these set of ministers is a step in the right direction.”
7. “To put round pegs in round holes where being sensitive to the diversity of the Nation.”
8. “Our commitment to defeat Boko Haram and all the nuisance it constitutes is as strong as ever.”
9. “Government business is now being conducted with transparency and sincerity.”
10. “This is another milestone in my administration.”
11. “I have also made possible of the need not to repeat such mistakes of the past while the right people are allocated to the wrong portfolio.”