Anambra State Government has opened more branches of the State Material Testing Laboratory in line with the law which stipulates that new and existing structures in the state must be subjected to quality control test.
The laboratories are equipped with modern civil engineering materials testing equipment and manpower to carry out tests and other civil engineering services in the following areas:
1. Sub soil investigation
2. Soil classification, compaction, soil mechanics
4. Water and other chemical tests
5. Test on asphaltic works, bitumen (road/pavement), construction
6. Test on steel reinforcement bars
7. Non Destructive stability and integrity test on structural members in building and other civil structures
8. Test for concrete ,blocks, bricks, clays, interlocking stone, ceramic, roofing sheets, wood and refractory product.
It is compulsory for all stakeholders in building and civil engineering industries including all state ministries to be part of the registration process, parastatals , local government, private contractors / consultants, private independent laboratories, importers & manufacturers of materials, block makers and interlocking paving stones.
The new branch at Nnewi while the Onitsha branch is at Onitsha North LG Secretary and the Main Office at Ministry of Works, Awka.