Dr. Tony Nwoye, the All Progressives Congress, APC governorship candidate in Anambra State, has expressed delight over the decision by the Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing to move to the site of the abandoned Onitsha – Enugu Expressway.
After the visit to the Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing, on Monday morning, Nwoye said the ministry has ordered the contractor to move to site within two days to resume work on the road which had been abandoned for some time now.
Nwoye was quoted as saying in a statement issued by his spokesman, Barrister Nonso Madu. “Even before I became the candidate of the APC, that road had been on my agenda and it was by God’s grace and with the assistance of my colleagues in the House of Representatives I was able to facilitate its inclusion in the 2017 budget of the Federal Government.”
He further said, “The importance of that road to the socio-economic well being of the people of the Southeast cannot be over-emphasised and it is my hope that once the road is completed that business and other socio-economic affairs that had been affected by its terrible conditions would be boosted.”
The statement noted that Dr. Nwoye was able to meet the minister and push the demands because of the platform he had as a candidate, saying that as governor he would be able to push more things to the interests of Ndi Anambra.
Dr Nwoye assured the populace that the ministry will begin work shortly.
Image Credit; Vanguard and Channels TV
May 14, 2016 0
Jan 13, 2018 0
Mar 01, 2018 0The Online Publishers Association of Nigeria, OPAN,...
Jan 06, 2018 0What a beautiful way to end the year on Sunday 31...
Jan 13, 2018 0